Sunday, September 26, 2010

Nothing a little Rammstein won't cure

Miles Run:  Sunday: 0, Tuesday:0, Wednesday: 0, Thursday:3

As you can see from the above, there's a whole lot of zeroes.  Thanks to a combination of Jo and my boss coughing and sneezing on me, I got sick.  Either a bad cold, or the flu.  Had a fever, everything hurt, runny nose, congestion, etc.  So in the best interests of trying to minimize the damage, I took a few days off.  If it goes to my chest, I'm screwed.  Luckily, it doesn't seem to have (so far)

So I got around to Thursday and was feeling quite a bit down.  Was thinking about taking the day off as well, even though I knew I had the Hit the Brixx race coming up Saturday.  I was waffling back and forth, and generally, when I waffle like this, not working out seems to win.  On the ride home, I was looking for something to listen to, and was scrolling through the ipod.  Got to the R's and there was Rammstein.  Gotta love a band that plays German Industrial in (mostly) German, and has a tendency to set themselves on fire in concert.





 Found "Du Hast" and let it fly.

 The rocking pace perked me up and made me decide to run after all.  Headed for Davidson College to the running trails there.  I decided to do the 5K.  It was tough, and my breathing was labored, as expected from the congestion, but I did it.  And that's all that matters.


So a big shout out to Rammstein.  Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment