Saturday, September 4, 2010

Khan....my....old.........friend

Mile run: Thursday: 4.07 Saturday: 7.68

I've been trying to get my base going. Trying to get up to at least 20 miles a week. And I've been there for about 3-4 weeks now. But I've noticed my old friend, the aches and pains bug has appeared. Not sure if it's because of the fall i took the other day, the fact that I'm older so it takes longer to recover, or what it is, but it feels like the aches and pains have definately set in.

Thursday, for quite a change of pace, I actually got to run with Jo. Now that may not seem like much of a big deal, but trust me, it is. Julia was in ballet and both Jo and I had no other plans on a Thursday, which is unheard of. So we met in Davidson and I showed her the trail I had run with the Davidson Area Running Team the day before. My calves were already hurting before the run, probably because it's been awhile since I did a fast run like that. Not since I left NY anyways. And then I did the same run the next day. Man, my calves were really hurting. Plus it was 97 degrees and humid. I also felt a bit our of sorts from the fall. Just a weird feeling. Probably need to go see the chiropractor again. But it was nice running with Jo.

Friday I hit the gym to try to get the weights thing going. Another something that's contributing to aches and pains. Been a while since i hit the weights and I definately felt the soreness.

Saturday, Jo woke up early and headed to Birkdale to meet up with the Birkdale meetup group. I figured I'd just run short on the treadmill. But it was cool and clear this morning. A huge break in the humidity, so I thought I'd wait and see if it held up till she got back. It did, and I headed out around 9. The air felt so good, it was an amazing day. I did my planned 4 miles loop, and then decided to extend it. My calves were hurting and I started thinking that if I got my long run out of the way I could maybe take tomorrow off. Definately want to be recovered enough to go out with the DART group again on Wednesday. So I threw in another 3.7 miles for a total of 7.68. Not bad. Of course about 3 blocks from home, i started getting a stabbing pain in my foot. Made it home and took off my shoe to find that all the skin on the side of one of my toes had gone missing. Great. Probably take tomorrow off!

No comments:

Post a Comment